These basic operations comprise:
- Kilometre-based preventive maintenance, to all inspection levels (N, I1, I2, I3, F1, F2, F3, etc.);
- Time-based preventive maintenance, such as automatic train control examinations (EBICAB, SCMT, ATSS/ZUB123, ETCS, LZB/PZB, MIREL, SHP, EVM, etc.), train radio, brake revision, pressure tank examinations;
- Pressure tank examinations;
- Front-screen exchange;
- Handover inspections;
- Ultrasonic examinations of wheels and axles;
- Wheel reprofiling – either with mgw Service´s own wheel lathe in the Krefeld workshop, or with partners;
- Locomotive cleaning at mgw Service’s Krefeld workshop;
- Fault-finding and corrective maintenance on customer demand.
A range of other maintenance services, such as software updates, data readouts and vehicle handover inspections can also be performed.